An important step in maintaining an efficient HVAC system is keeping the air ducts clean. Debris and dust builds up in air ducts, and causes a lot of problems.
Here are some reasons why you should consider having your air ducts professionally cleaned:
- Cleaner Surfaces: When ducts haven’t been cleaned for a long time, they can send a significant amount of dust into living areas. This dust then accumulates on countertops, furniture, and other surfaces.
- Healthy Air: A thorough cleaning will eliminate 99.9% of germs and bacteria that have taken up residence in your ductwork. Ducts that are filled with germs are a particular concern for people who have respiratory conditions.
- Get Rid of Allergens: Pollen, animal dander, and other allergens will often accumulate in air ducts. Then when the system circulates air through the home, the allergens are blown into occupied areas.
- Eliminate Odors: As the years pass, grime and dust will accumulate in air ducts. This can result in a musty odor that is sent into your home’s living spaces. Odorous particles will be fully eliminated during a professional duct cleaning.
- Maximize System Lifespan: Regular maintenance, such as duct cleaning, increases the chances that your HVAC system will continue to function strongly for as long as possible.
- Optimize Air Flow: After contaminants have been eliminated from the ducts, air will be able to flow more freely, which will lead to more efficient heating and cooling of your home.
If you have never had your ducts cleaned or have had remodeling done in your home, call us and we will come out and give you an estimate.